Partnerships and Impact
Nonprofit collaboration allows organizations to join together and make even bigger strides in bettering our community. Some of our partners include: Yampa River Botanic Park, Yampatika, Historic Routt County, Routt County Museums, Routt County Schools, Community Agriculture Alliance, Steamboat Creates, Mainstreet Steamboat Springs, Northwest Colorado Heritage Tourism, Casey's Pond, Colorado Mountain College, Rocky Mountain Youth Corps, Leadership Steamboat/Steamboat Springs Chamber, and more!
The museum serves visitors to and residents of Routt County by preserving and celebrating the unique history and heritage of the Steamboat Springs area and Routt County.
- Educational and entertaining events such as History Happy Hours, Festival of Trees, First Friday Artwalks, and more.
- Engaging exhibits including Mineral Springs of Steamboat and The Pleasant Collection of American Indian Art. New exhibits open seasonally.
- Community partnerships including the Steamboat Art Museum, Yampatika, Steamboat Creates, and more.
- Expanded programs for schools, homeschooled students, and after-school programs in support of teachers and students county-wide. We served over 3,000 students in 2021 through 150 separate youth programs.
- Advocating for historic preservation as a member of Partners in Preservation, a collaborative to ensure the saving of our heritage in Routt County.
- Preservation of collections, archives, and the stories and people that make up our collective history.
For more information on our impact, community partners, and a highlight of our events, programs, and exhibits, see our 2021 ANNUAL REPORT
Tread of Pioneers Museum’s DEI Commitment Statement
The Tread of Pioneers Museum views diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving excellence and fostering an organization and culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to draw from a dynamic range of backgrounds to contribute to the pursuit of our common values and goals. The work and well-being of the museum are strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, age, ability, political views, and more. Together, we strive to create an environment that values diversity, promotes an inclusive culture, and establishes a sense of belonging for each member of our community.