All photos property of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
No duplication, reprinting, or use permitted without written consent of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
Howelsen Hill base Feb 1954 Bottom of Slalom Course where ski classes are held. The Sulphur Cave rope tow was moved to serve two-thirds of the H.H. slalom hill in 1953, seen at left. It was an unsatisfactory arrangement and in 1956 the present beginners area was cleared. The rope tow house has been used for storage since. O. Roach Steamboat Springs Howelsen Hill Skiing/Jumping B & W Photo Scanner: Epson 1640 SU