All photos property of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
No duplication, reprinting, or use permitted without written consent of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
Chairlift to top of Emerald Mountain c. 1952 Following the 1948-49 ski season the chairs were only used in summer for sightseers and were replaced by T-bars for skiers. Summer chairlift operation continued until1956, two years after the lift had been shortened to the top of Howelsen Hill. Refer to previous photo 1575. The lift serviced Howelsen until 1970 when it was replaced by the current pomma. Isabel Ballentine Steamboat Springs Howelsen Hill Skiing/Jumping Automobile/Machinery B & W Photo Scanner: Epson 1640 SU