All photos property of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
No duplication, reprinting, or use permitted without written consent of the Tread of Pioneers Museum.
Emerald Mountain Ski Lift 1948, Feb. or Mar. Postcard from opening season for new lift. Dorothy Wegeman, chair passenger. For its first two seasons the lift combined chairs and T-bars. A T-bar can be seen entering the terminal. The lift served Emerald Mountain until 1954 when it was shortened to the top of Howelsen Hill. The tow house's familiar steep-pitched roofs would be added later. The winch for the boat tow was behind the two plate-glass windows at left. Note a snowcat in the parking lot. The lift was replaced with the current poma lift in 1970. Steamboat Springs Howelsen Hill Skiing/Jumping People B & W Photo Scanner: Epson 1640 SU