Become A Member Online Now!
The museum is a non-profit, historical organization that relies on our members to support our education and preservation efforts. Please join our efforts to preserve the unique heritage of this valley by becoming a member of the museum today! With the support of our members, the Tread of Pioneers Museum has provided unique programs and services that preserve and celebrate the heritage of the Yampa Valley since 1959. In addition, our members receive the following benefits:
- Free Museum admission
- 25% off prints of historical photographs (treadofpioneers.org/photos)
- Invitations to ‘Members Only’ events and previews of exhibit openings
- Voting rights at the annual meeting
- Discounts or free admission on selected programs, tours, and events
- 10% discount on purchases at the Museum Store
- Museum newsletters and notice of upcoming Museum events and programs
- Two free guest passes for memberships $50 and up
- Museum Store gift certificates for memberships $100 and up
- Unlimited ½ price guest admission for memberships $250 and up (member must be present with guest)
- Program and event sponsorship opportunities for memberships $1000 and up
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credit - Donations $250 and up qualify for a 25% tax credit. (FEIN: 84-0378270, Tax ID: 9808373)
The museum serves visitors to and residents of Routt County by preserving and celebrating the unique history and heritage of the Steamboat Springs area through educational programs, historical walking tours, special events, oral history collection, and preservation of our valuable collection and heritage. We add new programs each year and increase and enhance the programs and services we provide to our community and those visiting the Yampa Valley.
As a valued member, you may enjoy our current exhibits or touring the historic Zimmerman House. Or join us for one of our seasonal tours and events like our Behind the Scenes Tour of the Collections, Mad Creek Geology and History hikes or History Happy Hour. Children love the completely hands-on Kid’s Discover exhibit and trying our history treasure hunt. We offer something for every age group and interest!
Your membership support also helps to make the following possible:
- New exhibits, including Mineral Springs of Steamboat and The Pleasant Collection of American Indian Art
- Community partnerships, including the Steamboat Art Museum, Yampatika, Steamboat Creates, and more.
- Expanded programs for schools, homeschooled students, and after-school programs, in support of teachers and students county-wide. We served over 3,000 students in 2021 through 150 separate youth programs.
- Advocating for historic preservation as a member of Partners in Preservation, a collaborative to ensure the saving of our heritage in Routt County.
- Preservation of collections, archives, and the stories and people that make up our collective history.
Are you interested in planned giving? Learn More:
Please join our efforts to preserve the unique heritage of this valley by becoming a member of the museum today! THANK YOU!